Amanda has worked in the clean energy industry since 2008. In her current role as Director of Operations, Amanda oversees and implements EQ Research’s client-focused services and manages internal operations. Her areas of expertise include solar policy, regulatory and legislative research, energy efficiency incentives, and the emerging area of energy-storage policy.
Prior to joining EQ, Amanda managed the N.C. Solar Center’s Energy Policy Program at N.C. University, where she played a crucial role in the management and implementation of the DSIRE project, a nationally recognized resource that provides details on incentives and policies that promote renewables and energy efficiency in the United States. She also managed a suite of policy and data services for private clients. Amanda worked for several years in Nicaragua as an environmental education specialist with the U.S. Peace Corps and for non-profit organizations. She is fluent in Spanish.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Deploying Distributed Energy Storage: Near-Term Regulatory Considerations to Maximize Benefits, co-author. Published by Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. (IREC). February 2015.
- State Solar Incentives & Policy Trends. Presented at Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. (IREC) Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL. September 2012.
- Methods to Support Wind Development: State RPS Policies. Presented at Wind Powering America 11th Annual All-States Summit. Atlanta, GA. June 2012.
- Distributed Wind Policy Comparison Tool Guidebook: User Instructions, Assumptions, and Case Studies, co-author. Published by eFormative Options, et al., 2011.
- Annual Updates & Trends Report (2011 and 2010), lead author of state policy trends chapter. Published by Interstate Renewable Energy Council, 2011.
- Improving Distributed Wind’s Bottom Line: Policy Best Practices, co-author. Published by American Solar Energy Society, 2011.
- Solar in the Stimulus: An Analysis of State Energy Program Spending, co-author. Published by American Solar Energy Society, 2010.
- State Solar Incentives & Policy Trends. Presented at Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) Annual Meeting. Dallas, TX. October 2011.
- 2009 Annual Updates & Trends Report, co-author of state policy trends chapter. Published by Interstate Renewable Energy Council, 2009.
- Master of Environmental Management, Duke University
- B.A., Environmental Studies and Chemistry, Indiana University, Phi Beta Kappa