As Director of Policy Services, Chelsea directs and oversees the EQ Research Policy Vista subscription services, including the management and evolution of existing services, and the development of new services. Her areas of policy expertise include interconnection, permitting, net metering, third-party ownership models, RPS legislative initiatives and trends, and financial incentives that encourage the deployment of solar and small wind energy.
Prior to joining EQ, Chelsea researched financial incentives and regulatory policies for the nationally recognized DSIRE project and researched wind incentives and policies for the development and maintenance of the Distributed Wind Policy Comparison Tool.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Envisioning Pennsylvania’s Energy Future. Published by EQ Research, Synapse Energy Economics, and Delaware Riverkeeper Network. 2016.
- Comparing Utility Interconnection Timelines for Small-Scale Solar PV, 2nd Edition. Published by EQ Research. 2016.
- Comparing Utility Interconnection Timelines for Small-Scale Solar PV. Published by EQ Research. 2015.
- 2013 RPS Legislation: Gauging the Impacts, co-author. Published by Solar Today, November 2013.
- The Report of My Death Was An Exaggeration: Renewables Portfolio Standards Live On, co-author. Published by Keyes, Fox & Wiedman, 2013.
- Aggregate Net Metering: Opportunities for Local Governments. Published by N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University, 2013.
- What is the Value of Solar? Austin, Texas Case Study, co-author. Published by N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University, 2013.
- Solar in Small Communities: River Falls, Wisconsin Case Study. Published by N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University, 2013.
- Annual Updates & Trends Report (2011 and 2012), co-author of state policy trends chapter. Published by Interstate Renewable Energy Council.
- Distributed Wind Policy Comparison Tool User Guide, Versions 2.0-3.1, co-author. Published by eFormative Options, et al., 2012-2014.
- Leading the Way: State and Local Energy Policies. Presented at NAACP Emerging Leadership Summit on Energy Justice. Miami, FL. May 2011.
- The Biodiesel Industry: Feedstocks, Capacity, and Subsidies. Master’s thesis at Duke University, 2008.
- Master of Environmental Management, Duke University
- B.A., Biology, College of Wooster.