Charlie is a Senior Policy Analyst at EQ Research. His areas of expertise for clients include community solar, net metering, utility-scale solar development, project coordination, and market research and analysis.
Charlie’s renewable energy policy and regulatory expertise includes more than ten years of experience in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Charlie was focused on community solar legislative and regulatory efforts prior to joining EQ Research, as a senior policy analyst for Clean Energy Collective and as a consultant. Prior to CEC, Charlie was a Renewable Energy Manager at the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, engaging in regulatory and legislative processes for distributed generation throughout the Southeast. Charlie’s foundation in renewable energy was established through working with the U.S. Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory, where he co-authored technical reports and served as a lead coordinator, researcher, and editor of major federal initiatives.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- SunShot Vision Study. Published by the U.S. Department of Energy. 2012.
- Consortia Focused on Photovoltaic R&D, Manufacturing, and Testing: A Review of Existing Models and Structures. Published by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. 2010.
- Solar Photovoltaic Financing: Deployment by Federal Government Agencies. Published by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. 2009
- Conceptual Soundness, Metric Development, Benchmarking, and Targeting for PATH Subprogram Evaluation. Published by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. 2009
- Solar Photovoltaic Financing: Deployment on Public Property by State and Local Governments. Published by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. 2008
- M.B.A., Environmental Policy, University of Denver
- B.S., Community Development & Applied Economics, University of Vermont