Jamie is an Energy Policy Expert for EQ Research. He has over 35 years of experience in the energy industry, and most recently served as a Senior Policy Advisor to Chairman John Rhodes of the New York Public Service Commission. Jamie has a wide range of experience on clean energy issues, including valuation and rate design for distributed energy resources, pricing and policies for electric vehicle charging, performance-based ratemaking, climate action planning, and the operation of regional wholesale electricity markets.
For over two decades, Jamie represented energy clients in state regulatory proceedings in eight western states, as well as proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. He was recognized by the Energy Bar Association as its 2007 State Regulatory Practitioner of the Year. Jamie also served as Executive Director of the Pace Energy and Climate Center in White Plains, New York.
Selected Presentations and Publications
- “Using Emergency Powers to Provide Financial Assistance to Coal and Nuclear Plants,” 11 KY. J. EQUINE, AGRIC. & NAT. RESOURCES L. 191 (2019)
- “Production and Delivery of Bioenergy Fuels,” LEGAL PATHWAYS TO DEEP DECARBONIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES, (edited by Michael B. Gerrard and John C. Dernbach), Environmental Law Institute (March 2019)
- “Here’s Why Trump’s New Strategy to Keep Ailing Coal and Nuclear Plants Open Makes No Sense,” THE CONVERSATION (June 2018)
- “Keeping the Fox from Managing the Henhouse: Why Incumbent Utilities Should Not Be Allowed to Operate the Distribution System Platform,” 8 GEO. WASH. J. ENERGY AND ENVTL. L. 23 (2017)
- “Why the U.S. Coal Industry and Its Jobs Are Not Coming Back,” YALE ENVIRONMENT 360 (December 1, 2016)
- “Keeping the Lights on During Superstorm Sandy: Climate Change Adaptation and the Resiliency Benefits of Distributed Generation,” 23 N.Y.U. ENVTL. L.J. 92 (2015)
- “Getting to Utility 2.0: Rebooting the Retail Electric Utility in the U.S.,” 6 SAN DIEGO J. CLIMATE & ENERGY L. 149 (2015)
- LL.M., Environmental Law, Pace Law School
- M.A., Economics, SUNY at Albany
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law
- B.A., Economics, University of Northern Iowa.