Join EQ Research’s Justin Barnes during a webinar to learn about a new Solar PPA Toolkit that will be released by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Outreach Partnership and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability. Register here for the webinar, which begins at 2 p.m. EDT on April 23.
Justin has worked with IREC to develop a comprehensive toolkit on retail solar PPAs, in an effort to reduce solar soft costs and assist local governments (and other public entities) seeking to install and finance a rooftop solar system. Designed to overcome the common challenges and costs associated with PPAs, the Toolkit provides a full suite of legal resources and related documents in a highly user-friendly format. The Toolkit is intended to provide local governments the information they need to accomplish their solar procurement goals in a manner that suits their unique needs, while reducing the prospects for unpleasant surprises.
The Toolkit includes:
- Background information on the solar PPA model and the associated contractual elements;
- Annotated model PPA and site right agreement documents, supplemented with numerous examples of how different provisions were addressed by individual local jurisdictions, and possible alternative language;
- “Clean” templates of the same that may be customized for local use;
- General guidance on procurement design and implementation, also supplemented with numerous local examples;
- Short case studies of the individual projects surveyed and links to project documents; and
- Summaries of the various existing resources, such as previously published reports and fact sheets, other model PPAs, and prior webinars.