Ameren has filed a proposal for a community solar program that would allow customers to voluntarily support the development of additional solar PV facilities that Ameren would construct. The Subscriber Solar Pilot Rider would target customers who either cannot or do not wish to add solar PV systems to their homes or businesses but still seek to support the development of renewables. Under the proposed program:
- Participants will subscribe and pay for 100-kWh blocks that replace an equivalent kWh amount of electricity they receive from their standard class of service.
- Participants may subscribe for up to 50% of their average annual energy usage.
- Participation is generally restricted to customers eligible for residential service or small business service.
- The total monthly charge for one 100-kWh block for residential participants, which includes a “solar generation charge” and a “total facilities charge,” is $15.78.
- The total monthly charge for one 100-kWh block for small non-residential participants, which includes a “solar generation charge” and a “total facilities charge,” is $14.93.
- The program term is three years.
- In any given billing month, excess solar generation will not be carried over into any subsequent billing month.
- SRECs associated with the generation output of the solar facility will be owned by Ameren and retired on behalf of its customers, to fulfill a portion of Missouri’s RPS.
- Customers with net metering agreements or TOU service are not eligible.