The New York Public Service Commission has invited comments on the scope and process for Phase 2 of the Value of Distributed Energy Resources (VDER) proceeding. Specifically, the PSC is seeking comments on the following issues:
- The general scope, timeline and procedures, including the prioritization of issues that should be addressed in the first quarter of 2017 (e.g., those deferred from Phase 1 that may be presented as refinements to the Phase 1 methodology).
- Improvements and modifications to the value stack, including components related to the bulk system, distribution and societal values.
- Rate-design considerations and the implications for DER compensation.
- The application of the tariff to technologies not covered by the Phase 1 proposal, such as stand-alone storage, systems larger than 2 MW and other technologies not eligible for net metering.
- The transitioning of mass-market projects beginning in January 2020.
- Benefit-cost analyses.
- The overlap and interaction with other Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) proceedings, including the proceeding addressing utility distribution system implementation plans (DSIPs).