The Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank has issued proposed regulations for the state’s C-PACE program. Under the proposed regulations:
- Eligible projects include (but are not limited to) renewables and “system reliability upgrades.”
- Projects must be located on eligible real property, must be a permanent improvement or other approved measure, and must be owned “by an eligible property owner.”
- New construction projects are eligible if they exceed the state’s commercial building energy code by 10%.
- To participate, a city or town must adopt a resolution authorizing the RIIB to establish and administer the RI C-PACE program within their jurisdiction.
- Contractors must be registered with the program and meet specific program requirements.
- Project owners must provide ongoing access to utility usage data after project completion.